March 12, 2019
Orient House V Featured on Dwell.com
February 13, 2019
AIA Tour of The Milton Resnick and Pat Pasloff Foundation
Join the AIANY Cultural Facilities Committee on a tour of The Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation, recently renovated by Ryall Sheridan Architects.
The Foundation is headquartered in Milton Resnick’s former studio and home in the Lower East Side of Manhattan. The bulding went through many iterations, including life as tenement housing, a synagogue, a church, and a warehouse before Resnick took it over as a residence and artist’s studio. The talk will focus on the ambitious restoration to accomodate the Foundation and studio museum, which included the creation of galleries for artists’ work, Foundation offices, and a meticulous preservation of the small studio space Resnick used in his final years.
Wednesday 02/13 at 6.30pm - The Milton Resnick & Pat Pasloff Foundation at 87 Eldridge St.
February 7, 2019
Job title: Architectural Designer
Job location: New York, NY.
Job duration: Permanent position, Mon – Fri, 40 hours per week.
• Coordinate the approval, design and construction of projects of various scales and programs by researching, planning, drafting and designing building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes.
• Consult with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of their projects, and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
• Prepare drawings and contract documents for building contracts involving coordination with various consultants including structural engineers, mechanical engineers, landscape architects and others.
• Utilize software such as Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Vectorworks, Sketch-Up, PHPP (Passive House Planning Package) among others, for the production of presentation and construction drawings.
• Coordinate sub-contractors at on-site work during construction to monitor compliance with plans, budget, schedule, zoning and building codes.
• Integrate the most up-to-date Passive House (low energy) details and strategies from the site planning stage through to construction detailing using energy modeling software.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor of Architecture or related or foreign equivalent, plus two years of experience in the job offered.
Two years of working experience in PHPP, Vectorworks, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Sketch-Up..
Mail resume: Ryall Sheridan Architects LLP, 174 5th Avenue, Suite 300, New York, NY
January 21, 2019
Ryall Sheridan Architects' Lively Lane House becomes a Mitsubishi Case Study Project
December 14, 2018
Construction Begins on Orient House VIII
October 1, 2018
Construction Starts on Sun Hill Farm in Putney, Vermont
September 15, 2018
Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation Opening to the Public
September 14, 2018
Milton Resnick and Pat Passlof Foundation featured in Hyperallergic
August 27, 2018
Ryall Sheridan Architects' Orient Houses included in North Fork modern architecture exhibition
June 8, 2018
Ted Sheridan presents at the annual New York Passive House Conference, New York, NY
June 1, 2018
Orient House V published in Architectural Digest
April 17, 2018
Ted Sheridan guest lecturer at Alfred University Inamori School of Engineering, House Design Strategies: Thinking Outside the Box
April 12, 2018
Ted Sheridan presents RSA Passive House/EnerPHit design work at Aronsons, New York as part of Aronsons 2018 lecture series
March 21, 2018
Lively Lane House published in The Dallas Morning News
March 19, 2018
Ted Sheridan & Gregory Orwat to speak at the University of Massachusetts
March 1, 2018
Lively Lane House completed
The first Dallas, Texas home designed to Passive House standards.
February 22, 2018
Marija Gjorgjievska & Niall Carroll become Certified Passive House Design Professionals
October 7, 2017
Ted Sheridan guest speaker at the North American Passive House Network Annual Conference in Oakland, California
"Optimized Architecture - Design and Passive House"
September 18, 2017
Ted Sheridan moderates AIA COTE Lecture Series
"Electrification - The not-so-shocking solution to climate change"